May 8, 2019
Mayor Russ Owen, Vice Mayor Randy Hartman, and Zone 3 Commissioner Jason McGuirk were all on hand for a ribbon-cutting/ground-breaking ceremony at the future site of Alba Court Residences & Adult Day Care Center (115 Washington Avenue) the morning of May 8th. The new assisted living facility bears the name of the former Alba Court Hotel, which occupied the site as the first hotel built in the city in 1895. It is anticipated that the project will bring an economic boost including jobs for area residents and customers for local shops and restaurants. The project is slated for completion in 2020.
Alba Court Residences & Adult Day Care Center is a 109-bed state of the art new construction located in the heart of New Smyrna historic district. There are several floor plans that include both studio and one-bedroom units, as well as a memory care secured wing. Amenities will include a beauty salon, exercise room, library, large activity area, outdoor patio, home health therapy center, computer and TV area.
An adult day care center will be located adjacent to the main building. Both market rate, as well as affordable units, will be available. Government subsidies like Medicaid, Veterans Aid and Attendance benefits, long term care insurance, among others, are welcome. For the convenience and safety of the residents, a covered entrance to the community will be provided. Each resident will be assessed to determine their appropriate services.
Our menu of services includes the following:
- Services and oversight offered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- 3 meals per day, 7 days per week including special diets
- Assistance with activities of daily living (including meal preparation, transferring, bathroom, grooming, etc.)
- Health oversight by a registered nurse
- Assistance with medication management
- Housekeeping, including laundry
- Assistance with qualifying for the Medicaid LTC Waiver Program and/or Veterans Administration Aid & Attendance (pre move-in)
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments and group activities
- A full calendar of educational, spiritual and recreational activities
Alba Court Residences & Adult Day Care is a development of Alba Court Development Group, LLC, where its subsidiary Urbanüs Development, Inc. (an associate of F&R Construction Group, Inc) is the principal investment developer.